Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Date for your Diary

Who will win the London Transport Awards?

A friend last night asked me if I had been invited to the prestigious first ever
London Transport awards taking place tomorrow night (25th March). I hadn't and was hugely affronted. Well I wasn't, as I'd never heard of them. But what a star studded event it promises to be, Sheriff Ken is going to be the after dinner speaker, the fabulous Jon Snow is going to present the awards (I so loved hearing him swear in the Channel 4 ads) and wait for it, Professor David Begg (course you know who he is) is also a co-host. Fantastic.

According to a press release: "The awards recognise and reward excellence in London�s transport sector and like their national counterpart, they focus on progress in the transport arena and reward real improvements to local transport." The awards ceremony starts at 21.45 and finishes at 21.50.

Check out the shortlist - it rox.

I'm so sorry that I missed the chance to vote for my favourite station. It would be a toss up between Kew Gardens (had wonderful plastic flowers for its entire life) because it's the only tube station that more or less has a pub on the platform and Gunnersbury (where I spotted Matthew Stars in Their Eyes Kelly), because out of towners think it's near Arsenal (the Gunners) and it's the station most likely to be confused with a car park.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, March 24, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/03/date-for-your-diary.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS